MX Linux is a cooperative venture between the antiX and MX Linux communities. It is a family of operating systems that are designed to combine elegant and efficient desktops with high stability and solid performance. MX’s graphical tools provide an easy way to do a wide variety of tasks, while the Live USB and snapshot tools inherited from antiX add impressive portability and remastering capabilities. Extensive support is available through videos, documentation and a very friendly Forum.
MX Linux – Xfce is our flagship. It is a midweight desktop environment that aims to be fast and low-resource, while still being attractive and user-friendly. It augments the native Xfce configuration with unique features:
- Modular core components for the full functionality expected from a modern desktop environment.
- A collection of powerful and handy “MX Tools” that cover a range of actions from Boot Options to Repository management.
- A fast Package Installer covering Popular Applications, MX Test Repo, Debian Backports and Flatpaks.
- An extensive collection of wallpapers, themes, conkies and icon sets for customization.
It supports a large range of hardware from older laptops to modern desktops.
KDE is well known for its advanced desktop “Plasma” and a wide variety of powerful applications. MX Linux – KDE has the following features:
- Excellent tools such as Dolphin file manager and KDEConnect ease common tasks.
- MX Tools such as Snapshot or Package Installer are at your fingertips.
- Activities with different icons, wallpapers and general look and feel can be set up.
- Extra themes, icon packs, cursors, widgets and splash screens are ready to be enabled.
MX Linux – KDE runs well on a wide variety of 64-bit machines.
MX Linux – Fluxbox unites the speed, low resource use and elegance of Fluxbox with the toolset from MX Linux – Xfce. The result is a fully integrated overlay that has many unique features:
- Extended hardware support by virtue of low graphical requirements.
- One-click access to Xfce and MX settings and apps.
- Full feature-rich AppFinder menu (similar to Whisker) from Xfce.
- Native dock and icon management tools that enable many desktop possibilities.
This OS functions as well on older low-capacity machines as on fast modern ones.