MX Linux is a cooperative venture between the antiX and MX Linux communities. It is a family of operating systems that are designed to combine elegant and efficient desktops with high stability and solid performance. MX’s graphical tools provide an easy way to do a wide variety of tasks, while the Live USB and snapshot tools inherited from antiX add impressive portability and remastering capabilities. Extensive support is available through videos, documentation and a very friendly Forum.
MX Linux – Xfce is our flagship. It is a midweight desktop environment that aims to be fast and low-resource, while still being attractive and user-friendly. It augments the native Xfce configuration with unique features:
- Modular core components for the full functionality expected from a modern desktop environment.
- A collection of powerful and handy “MX Tools” that cover a range of actions from Boot Options to Repository management.
- A fast Package Installer covering Popular Applications, MX Test Repo, Debian Backports and Flatpaks.
- An extensive collection of wallpapers, themes, conkies and icon sets for customization.
It supports a large range of hardware from older laptops to modern desktops. Available in Standard Debian Stable and “Advanced Hardware Support” enabled versions.
KDE is well known for its advanced desktop “Plasma” and a wide variety of powerful applications. MX Linux – KDE has the following features:
- Excellent tools such as Dolphin file manager and KDEConnect ease common tasks.
- MX Tools such as Snapshot or Package Installer are at your fingertips.
- Activities with different icons, wallpapers and general look and feel can be set up.
- Extra themes, icon packs, cursors, widgets and splash screens are ready to be enabled.
MX Linux – KDE is “Advanced Hardware Support” enabled release that runs well on a wide variety of 64-bit machines.
MX Linux – Fluxbox unites the speed, low resource use and elegance of Fluxbox with the toolset from MX Linux – Xfce. The result is a fully integrated overlay that has many unique features:
- Extended hardware support by virtue of low graphical requirements.
- One-click access to Xfce and MX settings and apps.
- Full feature-rich AppFinder menu (similar to Whisker) from Xfce, with standard Debian menu available as well.
- Native dock and icon management tools that enable many desktop possibilities.
This OS functions as well on older low-capacity machines as on fast modern ones.