Current Release: MX-19
Two different ISOs are available (see installation notes at bottom of page).
- MX-19_386, containing a 32 bit PAE kernel.
- MX-19_x64, with a 64 bit kernel
md5sum: 61aeae994cd12dba029b86b3e0dcedae MX-19_x64.iso
md5sum: f106257f014c3837971fadec6f5e4371 MX-19_386.iso
How to get it
The current release can be obtained by direct download, torrent or through purchase of preloaded media.
- Direct download. Use one of the mirrors on this page for the following products.
- Official release with no subsequent changes.
- Official monthly snapshot with updates and bug fixes.
- Unofficial remasterings that have been created by MX community members.
- Torrent. MX torrents are fast, and their use reduces the load on the servers. Torrent Files
- Please use the server closest to your location for direct download. It may take a while for a new release to upload and propagate to the mirrors completely. Sometimes the closest server is not the fastest, but you can use MX Repo manager to select the fastest.
- Need installation help? See Section 2.5 of the Users Manual.
- If you want to create a USB on a Windows base, we suggest you use Rufus, which supports our bootloader.
- As of March 16, 2016, all ISOs have been signed by the Core Developer to give users an extra level of security; see the Wiki for details on how to use.
- The ISOs are accompanied now with a zsync file; consult the Wiki on use.
- If your USB starts but leaves you with an error message: “gfxboot.c32: not a COM32R image” you need to type the word live at the prompt in the next line in order to boot. Reformatting the USB and reinstalling the ISO should remove the error. If not, try a different USB.
- If the graphic USB creators fail, use one of the command line options below. Let us assume your USB is identified as sde, then copy and paste this line for the 32 bit kernels:
dd bs=4M if=MX-18_386.iso of=/dev/sde && sync
and this one for the 64 bit one:
dd bs=4M if=MX-18_x64.iso of=/dev/sde && sync
Make sure to change the identifier of your USB stick if necessary (e.g., sde to sdb).