News
-- Introducing our new Website
-- MX Linux on social media: here

Current releases
-- MX-18.3 Point Release release info here
-- Migration Information to MX-18 here
-- antiX-17.4.1 release info here

New users
-- Please read this first, and don't forget to add system and hardware information to posts!
-- Here are the Forum Rules

Thanks Stevo

KoO
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Thanks Stevo

Post by KoO » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:21 pm

Stevo Thanks so much for all your work considering how many forums you work on Amazing.

Just installed your Liquorix 5.1.0-8.1 kernel from MX test repo on antiX 17 runs Sweet. :number1:
Main : Debian10 (i3) , 4.19.37-5 , Intel Xeon E3-1241 v3 , 16gb , GTX970 . :linuxlove:
Lenovo T430 : Debian10 antiX17 (i3) , 4.20.12 , i5 , 8gb .
Lenovo X220 : Debian10 antiX17 (i3) , 4.19.170 , i5 , 8gb . BiosMod 1.46

sunrat
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: Thanks Stevo

Post by sunrat » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:59 am

I'm sure the name "Stevo" is just a front for Stevo Inc. , a dedicated bunch of uber-nerds who dedicate their life to packaging software and helping people on forums. One person couldn't possibly do all that!

Thanks from me too, Stevo. I just installed that same Liquorix kernel with update Nvidia driver on MX. Also runs sweet.

ChrisUK
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by ChrisUK » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:07 pm

Although the sentiment is admirable, and I agree that Stevo's nick pops up all over the place ;) Let's not forget that MX/Antix is a team effort - it takes a team of devs, forum staff, various contributors (financial, translations etc), and to a lesser degree, forum helpers, to develop and keep a Distro running smoothly.

So thanks are well deserved by the whole team... if you answered someone's question and solved their problem, you also deserve thanks... It all helps ;)
Chris

MX 18 - Manjaro

Stevo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Stevo » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:18 pm

Liquorix now provides builds for Stretch, so we're planning to have MXPI switch over to installing from their repo pretty soon. One change is that their build now defaults to the performance setting for CPU scaling, so the CPU readouts always say its at the top speed. But it doesn't use any more power or generate any more heat, at least on my machine, since modern CPU's come to a full halt state when they aren't doing anything, and you can also switch to the powersave setting with indicator-cpufreq.

Return to “General”