News
-- Introducing our new Website
-- MX Linux on social media: here

Current releases
-- MX-18.3 Point Release release info here
-- Migration Information to MX-18 here
-- antiX-17.4.1 release info here

New users
-- Please read this first, and don't forget to add system and hardware information to posts!
-- Here are the Forum Rules

Installing KDE Oxygen theme in MX15

Show us how you are setting up MX
nathan2423
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Installing KDE Oxygen theme in MX15

Post by nathan2423 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:18 pm

I see that from reading the forum that Uncle Mark was able to use the KDE Oxygen theme in MX 14 http://forum.mepiscommunity.org/viewtop ... me#p374172

I am presuming he is talking about this one from KDE Look - http://xfce-look.org/content/show.php/X ... ent=123744

but the instructions there talk about patches and my initial efforts to install the theme and the patches in MX15 were failures.

Is this the source from which those who use this KDE theme? I have previously been with LinuxLite and their name for the closest them is oxygen-gtk (that's the way it appears in the theme manager, anyway) so I am not sure if I am using the right one.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Stevo
Developer

Re: Installing KDE Oxygen theme in MX15

Post by Stevo » Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:41 pm

The GTK+ oxygen themes are in the Debian repository as

gtk2-engines-oxygen
gtk3-engines-oxygen

Unca Mark was using KDE, not xfce4, so he had a KDE oxygen theme available by default.

zeeone
Developer

Post by zeeone » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:06 pm

Ask away, the KDE desktop is fun to make and do not worry, it will take some time to put
it together from the repos. :popcorn:
Research, Research, Research, Before You Walk The Plank.
Registered Linux User # 398829

Stevo
Developer

Post by Stevo » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:15 am

zeeone wrote:Ask away, the KDE desktop is fun to make and do not worry, it will take some time to put
it together from the repos. :popcorn:
Or do it the quick way with the package installer-- I think we need to create a link to kdesu to get apt-notifier to work on the KDE desktop:

Code: Select all

su -c 'ln -s /usr/lib/kde4/libexec/kdesu /usr/bin/kdesu'

zeeone
Developer

Post by zeeone » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:25 am

Used the installer, it was fun, still took awhile to get it all right. Had to use the repos. :popcorn:
Research, Research, Research, Before You Walk The Plank.
Registered Linux User # 398829

lucky9
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by lucky9 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:51 pm

nathan2423 wrote:I see that from reading the forum that Uncle Mark was able to use the KDE Oxygen theme in MX 14 http://forum.mepiscommunity.org/viewtop ... me#p374172

I am presuming he is talking about this one from KDE Look - http://xfce-look.org/content/show.php/X ... ent=123744

but the instructions there talk about patches and my initial efforts to install the theme and the patches in MX15 were failures.

Is this the source from which those who use this KDE theme? I have previously been with LinuxLite and their name for the closest them is oxygen-gtk (that's the way it appears in the theme manager, anyway) so I am not sure if I am using the right one.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I use the MX Package Installer or Synaptic to install KDE-Standard, plus K3b, plus K9Copy, Plus some themes. I usually end up using Oxygen. For the extra themes and stuff they are easier to find if I put kde in the Search Box. What turns up is some decent choices.
Yes, even I am dishonest. Not in many ways, but in some. Forty-one, I think it is.
--Mark Twain

Return to “Themes and Screenshots”