News
-- Introducing our new Website
-- MX Linux on social media: here

Current releases
-- MX-18.3 Point Release release info here
-- Migration Information to MX-18 here
-- antiX-17.4.1 release info here

New users
-- Please read this first, and don't forget to add system and hardware information to posts!
-- Here are the Forum Rules

MX-14 Perfect match for my needs -- Thank You Developers

Here you can post a testimonial about why you like or love MX. Include as much detail and info as you wish.
blackadder
Forum Novice
Forum  Novice

MX-14 Perfect match for my needs -- Thank You Developers

Post by blackadder » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:52 pm

MX-14 is by far the best at hardware recognition and setup that I've ever used. It detected the second hard drive on my old desktop and installed dual boot with XP. It just did it! Both my printers were detected and installed automatically! I tried MX-14 because of broadcom support as that was chipset on an HP laptop that I wanted to switch from Vista to Linux. MX-14 worked great and wi-fi setup was automatic! Applications provided in MX-14 cover most of what I need and it was easy to add the others I wanted. Updates have gone flawlessly. Many thanks to the development team. And, I did send a donation. If it weren't for a Cannon scanner I occasionally need, I would be free of that other OS. For now I have to keep XP (dual boot) around just for that. MX-14 default settings are for the most part just fine, a computer is just a tool and as long as I can do the job I don't get worked up about the aesthetics.

Background: In 2005 I built a new desktop just for Linux and installed Simply Mepis. It worked well but getting modems, printers, scanners, etc. to work and trying to keep it updated was too time consuming and in some cases not possible. So, I added a drive with XP, went dual boot and slowly gave in to the dark side. With the end of life of XP I wanted to try Linux again and extend the life of my old hardware. I started with AntiX-13 on wife's old desk top and set up dual boot with XP (edited grub). I got wi-fi, printers, etc. working OK but effort required was sort of daja vu. I like AntiX OK but broadcom chip mentioned above led me to try MX-14 and it proved to be ideal for me. I look forward to NOT spending $ on new computer hardware. Thanks !

lucky9
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: MX-14 Perfect match for my needs -- Thank You Developers

Post by lucky9 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:00 pm

Welcome to the forum blackadder! :welcome:
As you've found out, MX14 does what 99% of Linux Users need to do.
Yes, even I am dishonest. Not in many ways, but in some. Forty-one, I think it is.
--Mark Twain

Adrian
Developer

Re: MX-14 Perfect match for my needs -- Thank You Developers

Post by Adrian » Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:37 pm

Thanks for feedback, we also welcome questions and suggestions.

Return to “Testimonials”