There have been a lot of updates lately to several packages while we get ready to build the new MX-17.1 iso.
1. mx-installer - updated to address an issue with boot flags that affected some PC's when using legacy mbr boots.
2. mx-packageinstaller - recently updated with a better and faster interface
3. tons of new translations for most of the MX Tool apps.
4. lightdm-gtk-greeter-mx17 - This will enable the selection of an onscreen keyboard from the accessibility menu of the lightdm login screen. This will be the default on the MX 17.1 iso, but the change only takes place for existing installations if the user resets the lightdm configuration using the new Config Options tab in mx-tweak. Any auto-login settings in place will not be affected by the change.
5. desktop-defaults-xfce-mx17 - the file that defines the custom right-click options in thunar has been updated with revised commands for the root level actions as well as with additional translations. This will be the default on the MX 17.1 iso, but the change only takes place for existing installations if the user resets the lightdm configuration using the new Config Options tab in mx-tweak. Any new user account created after this update will automatically receive the new Thunar custom right click actions.
6. mx-tweak - updated with a new Config Options tab. (see points 4 and 5 above).
7. mx-updater (formerly known as apt-notifier) - not yet updated at the time of this writing, but new features are being incorporated that will be detailed in a later blog entry. New translations too!
8. mx-live-usb-maker - a new more fully functional gui for the antiX live-usb-maker tool is under heavy development, mostly waiting for translations, and should be finished in time for the 17.1 iso release. More info on that will be in a later blog post.
The goal for for the MX 17.1 release is to update the installation media with a new meldown/spectre patched kernel. Existing installations will be able to upgrade to the final MX 17.1 kernel throughh mx-packageinstaller once the choices are finallized. All other updates will come to existing users through the normal update process.
So stay tuned, and thanks for your support!