|Package Installer||Adrian||Adrian||https://github.com/mx-linux/mx-packageinstaller||yes||no||antiX: see metapackage-installer|
|Check Apt GPG||Kent||N/A||https://github.com/MX-Linux/checkaptgpg||yes||no|
|Sound Card||BitJam||BitJam||N/A||yes||yes||antiX uses different GUI|
|Find Network Shares||Richard Rost||Adrian||https://github.com/mx-linux/mx-findshares||yes||yes||antiX includes findshares as a cli utility|
|Persistence/Remaster||BitJam||BitJam||yes||yes||antiX uses different GUI|
|Save System to ISO||Adrian||https://github.com/mx-linux/mx-snapshot||yes||yes||antiX uses different GUI|
|Create Live USB||lagopus||Dave||yes||yes||antiX uses different GUI|
II. System applications
Most, but not all of the source code written by BitJam for MX/antiX is up on Github. in the following repos.
- Live-initrd contains the source code that goes into the Live initrd. It gets translation stuff added by scripts in the Translation repo (which is not entirely up to date). We moved a lot of code into the live-initrd this round. Almost all of the /etc/init.d/antiX-* scripts were move into the initrd for technical reasons. The antiX- has been changed to live-.
- Xlated-initrd is the same as Live-initrd but it has the translation stuff added.
- antiX-Gfxboot contains the source code for the antiX and the MX Live bootloaders.
- Xtra-files is used for development. It is not the place to get source code.
- Persist-Scripts contains the source for: live-remaster, persist-config, persist-enabled, persist-makefs, and persist-save. It also contains the Bash libraries they use and the exclude files they use.
- Installed-to-live is not ready yet. It will contain a script and files for making an installed system look like a Live system for snapshots and for live-remaster.
- Build-iso contains the build-iso script and support scripts for creating the production iso files.
- Make-fstab contains the make-fstab script which is used for making the fstab file on every live boot and to do hotplugging (in antiX but not MX). it also creates the fstab for installed systems.
- Iso-snapshot is not currently active.
- Translations Contains a bunch of scripts for dealing with translation inside of the initrd. It’s main task now is converting Live-initrd to Xlated-initrd.
- Search-Bar Contains the source for the search-bar app, the search-bar-icon system tray app and a bunch of little scripts for doing Internet searches from the command line.
Submitted by Jerry3904 on Mon, 05/25/2015
This is just a first attempt to establish the idea; I am sure there are omissions and errors that need to be corrected. I don’t have many of the antiX items on there, and rely on others to fill those in.
Submitted by dolphin_oracle on Wed, 05/27/2015
edited to include info on findshares cli utility in antiX.
Submitted by Jerry3904 on Wed, 06/03/2015
Changed the column “contact” to “source” so we know where to find the package.
Submitted by Jerry3904 on Thu, 06/04/2015
Added code in Git written by BitJam. Are the terms “User applications” and “System applications” correct?