Some orientation for people translating the Users Manual:
- The English texts behind the latest release are in a GitHub
repo. Translations are stored in the directory “tr”
- You can work within the GitHub system: clone that main repo, make changes and then make a pull request to have it reviewed for merging with the source.
- Alternatively, you can download what you are interested in and work on it locally before notifying that it is ready either with an email to manual AT mxlinus DOT org or by posting on the Forum.
- In terms of importance, it is recommended that you begin with Sections 1-3 that provide the information most relevant to the new user. Once those are done, they can be distributed to users as a partial translation while the later Sections are being translated.
- Available translations are tracked in the MX/antiX Wiki.